Monday, April 28, 2008

Today. Is. My. Birthday.

And yes, I pull the birthday card.

When it is my birthday, I make sure everyone knows. If I want something and I don't get it, I pull out the puppy dog eyes, and whine, "But whyyyyy notttt? It's my birthday!". And I did that today. I pulled that card so many times, I think my boyfriend lost count and possibly his mind.

So, after I took an awful final in Spanish, tried to forget that I had an awful cold *again*, got my eyebrows waxed for free *because it's my birthday* and proceeded to have a meltdown in the car because I had homework that I shouldn't have to do *because it's my birthday*, I read my Aunt Katydidnot's blog.

And then... I proceeded to bawl my eyes out. Big, fat, tears, with slow, choking sobs, because I can't share my seven layer cake with her, and damnit, *it's my birthday*.

But, I will be there on the ninth of May and I will make sure to pick up that piece of my heart that I left at the "You are now leaving California" sign on the way home in November.

Aunt Katie, you are my hero, and my role model, and my other mommy, and my big sister, and my best friend, and you too, have a hole in my soul, in which only you fit.

I love you.

*And it's my birthday*. (In case you forgot).

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday. You can carry this on for a good week or so, If you ask me. Try this: "This week it was my birthday!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well happy birthday! Hope you got everything you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel sorry for the boyfriend....Hopefully he will pull the birthday card when it's time for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, a long time ago (sorry - I'm counting the days until summer; it's hard).

    I am also a birthday diva. I don't see the problem?

    :)

    ReplyDelete