Sunday, December 21, 2008

Even the worst circumstances, can't seem to curb it's appeal




"Let it be Christmas everywhere
Let heavenly music fill the air
Let every heart sing let every bell ring
The story of hope and joy and peace
And let it be Christmas everywhere
Let heavenly music fill the air
Let anger and fear and hate disappear
Let there be love that lasts through the year
And let it be Christmas
Christmas everywhere"

That song expresses exactly how I feel, after the weekend. (It's an Alan Jackson song, and even if you don't like him, you should check out that song.)

Although, there are a few things in my life that should turn me into a Scrooge, I just can't do it. Christmas is my favorite season, and even the worst circumstances, can't seem to curb it's appeal. My favorite people are not coming for Christmas, Adam's dad had a stroke on Wednesday and has been in the hospital since, and the economy simply sucks. But even still, with all that (and a lot of prayer), I want to jump in the snow and sing "Let it be Christmas everywhere!"

I feel grateful and happy and perfectly chipper, even with a headache. My body hurts from sledding and snowboarding, and still I feel happy. (Yeah I know, you are green with envy, but hey at least green is a christmas color.)

So, with that, if you are not feeling particularly chipper, go here.

Or this might cheer you up.



3 comments:

  1. Our Christmas plans have been dashed because of the weather too, but I am holding on tight to some cheer.

    Good on you, for doing the same.

    :)

    ReplyDelete