Thursday, May 19, 2011

Running in the boondocks

Oh hey there! I forgot I had a blog or something...

Running is my new favorite thing (well sort of, I hate it when I first start doing it)! I finally forced myself, and/or got pressured into, to sign up for a half marathon! It is one of the hardest half marathons in the state of Colorado. I would go and pick the hardest one as the one I sign up for first. I am up to four miles at a time right now, and since the half marathon is in September, that's a-okay with me.

Somedays I run after work towards town. Other times Adam will drop me off a few miles from home and I run home. This is the benefit of living out in the boonies. We have a 35 mile drive home, and most of it is a rural winding road, so I can just get dropped off four miles out and run home in solitude. It's really great and I am really seeing improvements already! I have some smaller races lined up this summer to keep me training which will be really fun.

Have I mentioned how much I'm loving our new home? We have no TV or internet or cell service at our new house, but it's AWESOME! I never want to live in civilization again! Haha, I'm sure I'll get sick of it at some point, and break down and sign up for TV. Or Adam will force me to. We really do love it though. We never want to go anywhere on the weekends unless it's too my grandparents or my parents house which are both within a quarter of a mile.

I went down to my grandparents house on Sunday and sat outside chatting with my grandma for about an hour and then the wind started blowing. We got chilly and went inside. I laid down on the couch, she covered me with a blanket and told me to take a nap. Can't argue with that, can ya?! Needless to say, all is right in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment