Sunday, November 28, 2010

I feel surrendered and peaceful


I decided it was time for change in my blog world. I changed the layout, and the name, and the overall look. Hope you all like it! I love it, and I think because I love it, I'll write more. I need an outlet for all the things that go on in my head. I really miss writing.

In the last year, my life has changed more than I could have ever imagined. But I have faith that God has a plan in it all. I left the construction company where I was working for my dad. I started working as a teller at a local bank. We celebrated our first wedding anniversary. We got a new puppy. We went through two roommates, with one we currently love. We celebrated two pregnancies, and mourned two miscarriages. Through it all, my faith has struggled and changed and grown. Our marriage has struggled and changed and grown. Today we know a deeper love than we did a year ago, and for that I am grateful.

As I reflect on the year we have behind us, and look ahead to the new year that is quickly approaching, I feel surprisingly positive. We are facing a year of trying to get pregnant in December. And yet, I feel surrendered and peaceful. The more time that passes, the more I understand that it's not in my hands. I know it will happen if it's meant to. God has a plan. That's all I keep repeating to myself.

Thus the new blog name, "Leaning Not On My Own Understanding". I don't understand all of the things that have happened to us this year, but I do have faith that there is a bigger plan. Someday we will look back and it will be clear.

Thanksgiving with my family was awesome. It's always great to get everyone together, with family and family friends for fried turkey and pie. I am thankful for so many things in my life even with the hardships. I'm thankful for my husband and my puppy and my parents and my family, including my in laws. I think it's a miracle and a blessing that I have in laws who I love. We put up our Christmas tree today and it makes me smile just to look at it. I just really love Christmas and the holiday season.

So, this post has been all over the place, but I'm back in the game. I hope to blog more often and entertain a few readers. Hope you all like the new blog!






3 comments:

  1. I love you and I can see you growing. You inspire me. aunt ke

    ReplyDelete
  2. ILY.

    You are smart and your faith inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 I am thinking of you always! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete