Tuesday, February 8, 2011

PrompTuesday: I am

So over at San Diego Momma, Deb does a writing prompt every Tuesday. Back in 2008, she did a prompt that was all about who you were and where you were from. It was called "I am from". I did it then, you can find it here. This year she's doing the same prompt but it's supposed to be about who you are NOW. My life has changed and transformed in the last two years, almost three I suppose, but life is better than I ever could have imagined, even with the heartbreak.


I am.

I am eternally stubborn with a flexible streak.
I am in love, loving, and loved.
I am heartbreak, blessing, gratitude, and humility.
I am a possibility of grace and intimacy.
I am a strong faith in God's plan for me.
I am a mother to two babies I haven't yet met.
I am passionate, compassionate, and impassioned.
I am a singer, an actress, and a forever friend.
I am understanding and judgemental and fierce.
I am a wife, a sister, a daughter, a cousin, and a niece.
I am melodramatic and strong and wild.
I am who I always wanted to be.
I am my mommy and my daddy.
I am a possibility of good enough and old enough and smart enough.
I am a cowgirl, a punk, a nerd, and a loner.
I am country music and green tractors.
I am snowboards and snowmobiles.
I am everything and nothing.
I am affectionate and poignant and dull.
I am him and her, and them, and you and me.
I am too far and not quite far enough.
I am.

6 comments:

  1. I love this prompt...it brings out the "bare" in everyone.

    And I love what you did with it.

    XO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here from San Diego Momma's site. I love your examination of self. And "fake responsible" -- yes, I get that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you are entirely loved by your Aunt Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you are all those " things" and so much more.

    I love you. I am so grateful you are in my life. You are a blessing.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was beautiful, Jess. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete