Monday, March 11, 2013

I'm back!

I decided that it's time to bring back the good ol' blog. I went MIA for a while because I felt like my journey through infertility was getting depressing. I found other outlets, including writing in a real pen and paper journal. But I'm back!

After three long years, two losses, and a huge amount of help from modern science, I'm pregnant!!! And I figure there are people out there who would like to know how it's going and this is an easy way to keep you all updated (I know, so vain of me). So every week, I will post a little update with how things are going. I will also try to write more often because honestly? I really liked it when I did it. So here you go! 

How far along? 16 weeks tomorrow!

Weight gain/loss: Up about 5-6 lbs. 

Feeling: Feeling pretty awesome actually. First trimester all-around crappiness seems to be gone and I have a lot of my energy back, less the whole losing an hour thing.

Maternity clothes? Oh yes. I don't know why one would put off wearing these as you grow. Granted I don't technically need them for sure. I could probably use the belly band and be miserable in my normal jeans. But maternity jeans are SO comfortable! 

Sleep: Getting uncomfortable, but being surrounded by pillows seems to help. Also, getting up at least once a night to pee. Lovely :)

Food cravings: No real cravings... so far. Except maybe lattes since I found out that my favorite coffee shop has swiss water process decaf. YUM! 

Movement? I don't think I've felt any yet... Sometimes I lay in bed waiting and focusing really hard on feeling it, but I doubt there has anything real yet. 

What I miss? I don't miss anything. I'm so happy and grateful to be here that nothing else matters. 

Best moment this week:  Hearing my dad yell, "HI GRANDBABY!!!" when I told him that the baby could hear now. 

What I'm looking forward to: Movement! I cannot wait to feel this little one start moving! It will help me be more at ease. I also have a doctors appointment tomorrow so I'm looking forward to that!

Next Appointment: Tomorrow! WOOT!

Milestones: Baby can hear! 

3 comments: