Sunday, December 5, 2010

Baby steps

Some days are harder than others. These are the only words I have today.

A dark cloud looms overhead
Fogging my judgement
A shadow over my thoughts
Consuming dreams
One foot in front of the other
Baby stepping around this touchy subject
Tiptoeing around the shards of broken glass
Broken hearted
Still smiling
Fraudulent words disguising sharp aches
Dissolving into stinging tears
Kind words
Eat at the pain
Struggling to stop the decay
With no evolution
One day at a time
Minutes transform hours
Hours convert days
Days become months
Clarity will come
Anguish will be bliss
Just hold on
Someday

And a quote for you to ponder:
"There is, I am convinced, no picture that conveys in all its dreadfulness, a vision of sorrow, despairing, remediless, supreme. If I could paint such a picture, the canvas would show only a woman looking down at her empty arms."
--Charlotte Bronte

No comments:

Post a Comment