Thursday, December 23, 2010

That's what gets me through

Many of you may already have seen this in your mailboxes, but I thought I would post it here as I finally finished it. This is the Christmas letter I finally settled on. Although it may not be fun and lighthearted, it is something honest and from the heart. Most days I do have faith. Some days I lean on others to find my faith. Either way, I have my faith and that's what gets me through.


December 14, 2010

Family and Friends—

As 2010 draws to a close, I become nostalgic. Another year, another birthday, another holiday to celebrate. Life is good. In my dad’s words, “Life is rich.” Isn’t that the truth? We are blessed with a great life, a beautiful affordable home, a spaztastic puppy, family who loves us, and we have each other.

This year was interesting, wrought with diverse, new experiences. Adam and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary in July. What a milestone! We made it through the first year. At the young age of 24, this really is a big deal. So many times young kids get married and don’t even make it six months, so for this we are grateful. I started a new job at Alpine Bank in Aspen. It’s a fantastic, secure job with really awesome benefits. I love who I work with, and really feel like a part of the team. Adam also just recently started a new job at the Snowmass Club Townhomes doing property management. He is enjoying the laid back atmosphere and also has good benefits.

In January and in August, we experienced the richness of life in a different way than we are used to. We went through two very painful and difficult times in our life. It is easy for us to get bogged down in the emotional and heartbreaking details, but we are trying to remember the big picture. We are loved and we are blessed. We have come to know an incredible trust, not only in God, but in each other and in our family and friends. This in itself is an awesome blessing. You all have rallied around us and reminded us that there is a bigger plan that we can’t see yet. You have hugged us and loved us in times when we couldn’t even face getting out of bed. For this we are tremendously grateful. Thank you.

I have faith as we head into the new year of 2011, God is going to bless our small family even more. He has big plans for the two of us. With your support, we know that we can face anything. Although this letter isn’t the most cheerful, it is filled with our love for you. Again, thank you for your love, support, and prayers through this difficult year. Next year, I know, will be filled with much better news for all of our families! So, Happy Holidays! Enjoy the time you have with your families. Remember how blessed we all are, even in the difficult times. Life is rich.

God Bless,



Jess and Adam

1 comment:

  1. Jess, your words brought tears to my eyes. I KNOW God has big plans for you this year and your attitude is inspiring. You are a constant in my thoughts and prayers and I cannot wait to see what this year holds for you. Lots of love xoxo!!

    ReplyDelete