Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Games of Deception

I'm doing it on the right day even!

This week is PROMPTuesday #15: One Word Says It All is from San Diego Momma

Deb's selected topic this week: Write about deception. Whatever that means to you. Can be fact or fiction.

Deb's PROMPTuesday rules:

* You must write your entry in 10 minutes. This encourages top-of-mind, primal thinking before the ego and judgmental brain kick in.
* Keep to 250 words or less.
* Please have fun. Don’t put pressure on yourself. Together, let’s rediscover the simple joy in the writing process.
* Post your submission in Deb's comments OR post in your blog and leave a link to your blog in Deb's comments.

So... here is my entry for the week... and then you should read yesterday's post from my Creative Writing class! I'm on a role this week!


Eating at my soul, the lies I
Scream, silent and unwilling to surface.
Words, laced with counterfeit
Intentions, leading you on, and
Keeping you at bay.
Artificial smile, you believe my thoughts
Are genuine. They are not and
Never will be. Tainted with
Deceit and trickery, I have scammed you
With my ploy. To hurt you and impair your
Judgment has been my real objective all along.
False hope fed into your heart, like IV
Liquid, dripping from above. Happily
Ever after will never be, teasing you,
Tempting you with unattainable
Ideals. You are my pawn and I will
Play until boredom takes
Over. Guilt and shame attack my
Insides, yet I cannot quit

These games of deception

6 comments:

  1. ...IN this poem.

    ACK! The typos haunt me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT, Jess!
    I love the rhythm is this poem.

    I'm gonna read your creative writing final once I get the kids off to bed!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. is that about jason whosits that i went to high school with?

    good stuff girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very wonderful and great rhythm / meter there.

    liked this especially:

    "Words, laced with counterfeit Intentions"

    ReplyDelete