Thursday, June 26, 2008

Creative Writing Prompt #5

Another Creative Writing prompt... lucky for me, I don't actually have to think to do these posts! Supposed to be just a poem about what you believe. One more week of poetry and then I get to write fiction!!!! YAY!



I believe in wearing short shorts only when your legs fit in them,

In skate shoes with black laces and unsweetened iced tea.

I believe that romanticism is overrated and usually doesn’t have good intentions,

I believe in strong men crying and young women fighting with everything that they have.

I believe in painted toe nails and hot pink gerbera daisies,

In prime rib cooked well done and strong hand shakes.

I believe in using paper plates and plastic cups without recycling them,

I believe that most people know others better than they know themselves.

I believe in driving in a car full of people with no music on,

In breve lattes with extra foam and expensive jeans.

I believe in swimming in water so cold it takes your breath away,

I believe in chocolate cream pie and fried potatoes with onions.

I believe that lies are sometimes ok if they make people feel better,

In clean toilets and brushing your teeth.

I believe in a good stick of chapstick and mean little brothers,

I believe that video games don’t make kids dangerous, bad parenting does.

I believe in brown hair with blue eyes and faith but not religion,

In coffee ice cream milkshakes and ponytails.

I believe in young love lasting forever, the twelve steps and black mascara,

I believe that although our parent’s example is what we follow, it may not always be right. 

2 comments: