Thursday, June 26, 2008

PMS: Please Make me cry Syndrome

So, I don't remember on whose blog that I was stalking reading, but I saw Mama Milton comment that June was a funk month. 

Wow. I could not agree more. I feel like I have had PMS the ENTIRE month. Maybe that should stand for something different. Like Pissy Me Syndrome. Or Please Make me cry Syndrome. I don't know. But Premenstrual Syndrome just doesn't do it the justice it deserves. 

Here are my symptoms this month:

-I cry at the drop of the hat. Or not. It really doesn't even take the drop of the hat.
-I yell and scream at everyone for no damn reason (Even if I thought there was a reason, there wasn't).
-My throat aches.
-My body throbs.
-My nose is congested and my tonsils feel like they might pop out of my neck.
-I make up reasons in my head about why I should be my mad at my boyfriend/soon-to-be fiance, who still has not proposed even though he asked my dad over a month ago!  (It's just a Fucking Fish, Stuart!). That's about how I feel about that issue.
-I'm hungry all the time, which leads to a vicious circle of hunger and anger. Awesome right?

Yeah, poor Adam. 

Maybe I'm having a mid-life crisis. Yeah, just crisis, probably. 

Possible reasons for these symptoms:

-Adam's dad is in the hospital with an infection in his foot, which couldn't heal because he has diabetes, so they had to amputate his toes... and now Adam had to drive to Denver again because now the stitches aren't healing... so they might have to take more of his foot.
-I still don't have a fucking ring on my finger, and I am the most impatient person in the entire universe.
-We entered our application for employee housing, which means we have to sit and wait patiently for two weeks to find out that oh, I guess your name didn't get pulled out of the FIFTY FOUR fucking person lottery. (I'm going to live in one of those bouncy houses, I've decided. At least we would always be in a good mood).
-Umm... well... there must be some other reason...

OK so I'm really just a big whiner. And really all I need is a big does of patience. 

I don't think they prescribe those at the doctor....

Or do you know one who does?

6 comments:

  1. no, but they prescribe it at 12-step meeting i bet. they prescribe all that kind of stuff there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No!!! June Funk month should not afflict the young and sweet.

    It's wrong, I tell you.

    All I can say: July is around the corner.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting all up in his face about The Ring? Been there. Done that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I'm sorry about Adam's dad. Maybe get up in his face another time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you find a doctor that prescribes patience - kidnap him and bring him north of the border for me.

    Hope the PMS goes away. Otherwise known as Permanently Murderous Syndrome around here lately ;-)

    That and the Fucking Fish of course.

    Hope Adam's dad is getting better, that sounds horrible.

    ReplyDelete