Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I feel sweaty and hot and feverish imagining what it must be like to run from place to place

I'm tired.

I'm exhausted for the political candidates. I'm worn out from watching them chip away at each other. My brain is drained from trying to comprehend all of the bullshit words that have been spewed from their mouths. My heart is fatigued for the families of the candidates that have smiled nicely through all of the attacks debates and campaign speeches. I feel sweaty and hot and feverish imagining what it must be like to run from place to place trying to raise millions of dollars. 

I don't feel inspired. I don't feel hopeful or optimistic or encouraged. I can't be giddy or stirred or moved while I watch these men brainwash lecture me.

I feel afraid. I feel confused. My brain feels jumbled and full. I am fearful for this country. I feel anxious for the future of my children. 

I don't want to hear their twisted language. I can't listen to them try to articulate my morals and ethics. I don't want to hear another man tell me what I should feel, think, and believe. 

3 comments:

  1. then you should listen to the lone female voice in all of this who says inanities like "say it ain't so, joe" and "our neighbors are foreign countries". duh. you mean the countries in the world that aren't us, are, like, other countries?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel wiped out after debate too. I have to take media breaks because they toss so many accusations and terms around, I never really know what's true.

    (OK, I know a lot of it is bullshit. That I can see. But the stuff that matters to me - the future for my kids and selling this house eventually - well, it's hard to get excited when they are busy poking fun at each other.)

    Great post, Ms. Socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, but (and I desperately hope this does not sound condescending) I think your youth makes it feel slightly more frightening.

    After a bunch of years of hearing the same old freakout, I have developed a sense of filtration. It's kind of like choosing the lesser of two evils, while hoping the one I choose is not truly evil but just working within the crummy system.

    *be well

    ReplyDelete